Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Stage of Life

"I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name..." Just some of the lyrics to Francesca Battistelli's 'He knows my Name". What a truly beautiful song!

Recently, I was jamming out to the radio while driving home from work and that song came on... I was blown away by the powerful truth in it's words. Being a songwriter myself, I appreciate depth... Something deeper than a rad beat or repetitive lyric. After the song was over, I turned the radio down and did what I often do... I pondered. Many thoughts ran through my mind but the loudest was this- 

We have each been perfectly cast to play the role God created JUST FOR US in His masterpiece called Life. 

Now, those who know me even just a little know that I am drawn to dramatics and all things theatrical, which is most likely the reason for my love of 'He knows my Name'. The painted picture of the stage of life, us each playing a part in it's production and the fact that God took the time to craft each of us our own unique role was very inspiring. 

You have been cast a role that YOU AND YOU ALONE CAN PLAY! Don't try to constantly be like someone else and obtain their role... Don't get caught up in how large or small you think the role is... Don't worry about messing up-forgetting a line or tripping on stage. The Lord is constantly (and lovingly) correcting and directing His perfect production, if you listen to His cues and follow accordingly, you'll be amazed at the performance you give! So often we want to do things our way, we think we know best or want to change the script because we feel our idea is much better... But if we keep in mind that God is PERFECT and He is incapable of failure, we will live the performance of a lifetime that truly can change the world. I use the phrase "live the performance" because each and every day, the curtain closes- the stage is reset and we begin again on the stage of life. Do you want to put forth your very best? Do you want to leave people in awe and remembering CHRIST? Do you want to make the Director proud? 

We have each been given the perfect part if only we would choose to embrace it! I don't know about you, but I don't live for others... I live for God and for others to be able to join the cast and live for Him as well! I ask that you evaluate the stage on which you stand, because whether you realize it or not... You're a part of this production and we need you to make it the most successful it can be! Spend time with the Director (God), allow Him to critique and cultivate your talent (Prayer/scripture reading/etc) and then serve through your performance (living a Christlike life)! 

The stage is set, the lights are dimmed, the curtain rising.... Take your mark, friend...Now is your time to shine! Break a leg! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment